You need to setup "resellers" when you wish to sell the same product at different prices to different website users.
All not legged in users will see retail price but when users sign in they will see their prices and they will be able to buy with their prices.
The first step is to enable globally the "reseller", tell system that you are going to use resellers into your website
Reseller is just a special account type. You have two more (not relevant in this context): (ordinary) consumers and military.
When you assign a user to this account type the that user:
- usually commit to buy from you on regular basis
- you give him a good buy price (assign a special level of price)
- he may be shown in front end on resellers page
- he may be shown on googel map on taht page as well.
To enable it set Shop configuration -> Settings-> Global (system wide) -> Use reseller to Yes
Next you must enable people to apply for reseller
To do this adjust all values in Shop configuration -> Settings & layout -> Signup reseller application
How to choose name:
Resellers is a generic name used by us. You can name them Corporate, Distributors, Dealers, Trade etc. You can give even more specific name that group them based on industry, what kind of products they use to buy etc.
This name can be changed anytime, even at later stage after you start using it.
The most important is that name you gave them is to be relevant to you and to them (they will know this name)
In front end, Login/Sig In, Sign Up there will be a button named "Apply for NAME_YOU CHOSE_FOR RESELLER" and all emails related with this applications will contain this name as well.
- After completed this step users are able to apply for reseller account. When someone apply for such account you will receive by email his request.
- You need now to assign to every successful applicant a specific level of price but firstly you need to have these levels of prices and to have all products with prices for all level of prices created.
Price level allows you to sell the same product at different prices to different website users.
For example a product has Retail price = $100. It means that a not logged in user can buy it for $100.
If a user login into the website he can buy that product for $100 as well but if he has a specific level of price he will be able to buy cheaper, for $70 for example.
To setup level of prices please click here
- From previous step users are able to apply for reseller account. When someone apply for such account you will receive by email his request.
- After completing this step you have setup level of prices
- You need setup prices for every product and to assign to every successful applicant a specific level of price.
If you have no level of prices created all users will be able to buy products at Retail price
It means that evert single product has one price only, the retail price.
When you setup more levels of prices then you must setup for products prices for every single of price created.
To learn and setup product prices when you have created multiple levels of prices please read about Product basic details and Edit product variant
To continue above example our product will have : Retail price = $100 and let's say Price level 1 = $70
It means all users who will have assigned will be able to buy this product for $70.
- From previous steps users are able to apply for reseller account. When someone apply for such account you will receive by email his request and you have setup level of prices
- After completing this step you setup all prices (as per level of prices you have) for every product.
- You need to assign to every successful applicant a specific level of price.
This is as simple as edit a customer and assign a price level.
Edit the customer and:
- set Is reseller to Yes. You may check again his reseller details/ map details (if applicable).
- set his level of price.
Click here to learn about how to edit a customer.
You can setup a specific level of price to any user, does not matter if it applied or not for reseller.
The main points of reseller application are:
- Get from the internet companies that want to re-sell your product, buy bulk quantities.
- Show their details in a special page. Doing this you help them to be found by internet users, help them to make more sales and buying more from you. This page named generic "reseller page" can contain a Google map.
This is the most simple step.
Change two setting values in Shop configuration -> Settings & layout -> Global (system wide):
- Enable (show) resellers page that contains reseller details and location on map (if enabled) = Yes
- Show map on reseller page = Yes
You may change:
- Generic map locator icon url on reseller page map