Announcements are pop-ops which appear once a day (one time) when user is landing into your website (any page).
They are advertising tools used to let users know about your promotions:
- advertise specials
- advertise global discounts
- advertise shipping discounts
- announce events
- invite users to join your newsletter list or follow you on social networks
- announce competitions
- feature new exciting products
- promoting new features within your website
- holidays welcome messages
Use this area to manage your announcements: alter existing announcements, create new announcements, delete or disable announcements.
Under Add-ons -> choose Announcements from left side menu to get to the Announcements list. Here you will find all your announcements.
- Top line includes:
- Name of this area: "Announcements"
- Create new announcement button
The second line includes the following selectors to allow you filter the announcement displayed:
- Date interval - when the announcement is running
- Announcement areas selector
- Announcement status selector
Apart from filters, this second line contains the search box at the right. You can search a announcement by its name.
Under the filtering and searching line is the place where you see listed your announcements (main page content).
To filter data use the second line left side:
The From date To date is filtering your announcements based on Start and End date.
When you click in From date or To date fields a calendar will appear to assist you choosing the dates. By choosing from calendar the date, it is no risk of wrong date formatting.
You may choose the From date or To date independently or you may use the interval by completing them both.
To apply the filter, click on the green magnifier icon or just press enter key on your keyboard. The announcements list will show only the filtering results.
To release the filtering on dates, click the cross red button placed in front of filtering green magnifier button.
- Filter by area of announcements. At this point in time is only one area for announcements: Centered page pop-up.
By default, All areas are displayed.
- Filter announcements by Status. For example, if you wish to see all disabled announcements, select from the drop down menu in Status selector the Disabled option.
By default, All statuses are displayed.
Enter into the search box what you are looking for and press Enter key or click on green magnifier icon.
The system will look to match your search string in name of the announcement.
The search results will be isolated and shown in listing area.
The search can be used independent or with filters. When the search is used with one or multiple filters, remember that search will be performed only within the filter. The easiest way to use the search is without filters.
To clear the search, click on white cross in red box (next to search box).
Announcements listing area (main content)
Into this area you will find listed all announcements based on filters you applied or your search. If no filters applied and search is cleared, all your announcements will be listed here.
There are listed most relevant details of every announcement, so you will be able to quick identify it:
- The # represents the id of each announcement. This field allow sort: you can sort them ascending or descending your announcements (from oldest to newest and from newest to oldest).
- Announcement Name (it allows sort). One click on Name will sort the announcements in alphabetical order from A to Z, a second click on same Name will sort them alphabetical orders from Z to A.
- Start refer to the date when the announcement is set to begin. It allows sort. One click on Start will sort the announcements in chronological order, a second click on same Start will sort them in reverse chronological order based on their starting date.
- End refer to the date when the announcement is set to stop. It allows sort. One click on End will sort the announcements in chronological order, a second click on same End will sort them in reverse chronological order based on their ending date.
- Area shows to which area is referred each announcement in listing. Only one area available for now: Centered page popup.
- Enabled, refers to announcement status. If an announcement is marked as enabled (Enable - Yes), that announcement will be shown in front end. If an announcement is marked as disabled (Enable - No), that announcement will not be shown in front end.
You may disable an announcement in case you did not finished setting it up or it is not applicable for the moment.
Enable field heading allows you to sort all enabled / disabled announcements. One click on Enable heading will bring up all announcements enabled. A second click will sort the announcements with the disabled ones in front.
At this stage only one announcement should be enabled at once.
In case there are multiple announcements, all enabled, the system will display only the first in the list. All others will be ignored.
- Order, it is about what announcements will be shown in top listing.
The Order heading allows you to sort your announcements based on this field. One click on Order will result in ascending sort and a second click on it will sort your announcements descending.
The order field allows you to control which announcement is the first in the list.
At this moment, only the first in the list (enabled one) will be shown in frontend. All others will be ignored.
- Edit button is the area where you can choose to edit a certain announcement. (See Edit announcement)
The blue headings in announcements listing will sort all list based on that field.