Global discount list
Use this area to manage your global discounts: alter existing global discount, create new global discount, add or delete or disable global discount.
Under Add-ons -> choose Global discounts from left side menu to get to the Global discounts list. Here you will find all your global discounts.
- Top line includes:
- Name of this area: "Global discounts"
- Create new global discount button
The second line includes the following selectors to allow you filter the global discounts displayed:
- Date interval - when the global discount is running
- Discounts areas selector
- Status selector
Apart from filters, this second line contains the search box at the right. You can search a global discount by name.
Under the filtering and searching line is the place where you see listed your global discounts (main page content).
To filter data use the second line left side:
The From date To date is filtering your global discounts based on Start and End date.
When you click in From date or To date fields a calendar will appear to assist you choosing the dates. By choosing from calendar the date, it is no risk of wrong date formatting.
You may choose the From date or To date independently or you may use the interval by completing them both.
To apply the filter, click on the green magnifier icon or just press enter key on your keyboard. The global discounts list will show only the filtering results.
To release the filtering on dates, click the cross red button placed in front of filtering green magnifier button.
- Filter by area of global discounts. There are two areas of global discounts:
- global discounts applied to shipping value
- global discounts applied to products value
If you wish to see global discounts from one of these areas only, select corresponding category from the area selector.
By default, All discounts are displayed.
- Filter by Status. For example, if you wish to see all disabled discounts, select from the drop down menu in Status selector the Disabled option.
By default, All statuses are displayed.
Enter into the search box what you are looking for and press Enter key or click on green magnifier icon.
The system will look to match your search string in name of the discount.
The search results will be isolated and shown in listing area.
The search can be used independent or with filters. When the search is used with one or multiple filters, remember that search will be performed only within the filter. The easiest way to use the search is without filters.
To clear the search, click on white cross in red box (next to search box).
Global discounts listing area (main content)
Into this area you will find listed all global discounts based on filters you applied or your search. If no filters applied and search is cleared, all your global discounts will be listed here.
There are listed most relevant details of every global discount so you will be able to quick identify it:
- The # represents the id of each global discount. This field allow sort: you can sort them ascending or descending your discounts (from oldest to newest and from newest to oldest).
- Global discount name (it allows sort). One click on Name will sort the discounts in alphabetical order from A to Z, a second click on same Name will sort the discounts alphabetical orders from Z to A.
- Start refer to the date when the global discount is set to begin. It allows sort. One click on Start will sort the discounts in chronological order, a second click on same Start will sort the discounts in reverse chronological order based on their starting date.
- End refer to the date when the global discount is set to stop. It allows sort. One click on End will sort the discounts in chronological order, a second click on same End will sort the discounts in reverse chronological order based on their ending date.
- Area shows to which area is referred each global discount in listing.
- Enabled, refers to global discount status. If a discount is marked as enabled (Enable - Yes), that discount will be considered in order (invoice) computation in front end. If a discount is marked as disabled (Enable - No), that discount will not be taken in consideration in order (invoice) computation in front end.
You may disable a discount in case you did not finished setting it up or it is not applicable for the moment.
Enable field heading allows you to sort all enabled / disabled discounts. One click on Enable heading will bring up all discounts enabled. A second click will sort the discounts with the disabled ones in front.
- Order, it is about what global discounts will be shown in top listing. This order field is important because allows you to control which discount to be executed in case you doubled them. The first discount will be executed and all doubled ones will be ignored.
The Order heading allows you to sort your discounts based on this field. One click on Order will result in ascending sort and a second click on it will sort your discounts descending.
- Edit icon button is the area where you can choose to edit a certain global discount. (See Edit global discount)
The blue headings in Global discounts listing will sort all list based on that field.