Use this area to manage your products: alter existing product, create new products, add or delete or disable new variants to existing products, change prices and or stock, create promotions, delete discontinued products, disable products or product variants unavailable for the moment.
Under Products -> choose Products from left side menu to get to the Product list. Here you will find all your products.
- Top line includes:
- Name of this area: "Products"
- Add new product button
The second line includes the following selectors to allow you filter the products displayed:
- Access levels - Available to selector
- Category selector
- Brand selector
- Promotion selector
- Status selector
If you have not created any custom access level the Access level filter will NOT be shown
If you do not use brands the drop down for brands will NOT be shown.
Apart from filters, this second line contains the search box at the right. You can search a product by name or by its variant code.
The search can be used independent or with filters. When the search is used with one or multiple filters, remember that search will be performed only within the filter. The easiest way to use the search is without filters.
Under the filtering and searching line is the place where you see listed your products (main page content).
To filter data use the second line left side:
The Access levels is represented by the Available to selector with checkboxes.
It allows you to filter what products you wish to be shown in listing based on access level.
If you check no box then will be shown all products; if you check only one box, will be shown only products that are available to users who have assigned that access level.
Example: if you wish to see only products that are available for users who have "Reseller access level", make sure you check here only "Reseller" checkbox.
If you have not created any access level the Access level, this filter will NOT be shown.
- Filter by Category. If you wish to see products from a specific category only, select corresponding category from the Category selector.
- Filter by Brand. If you wish to see products from a specific brand only, select corresponding brand from the Brand drop down menu (Brand selector).
If you do not use brands, the drop down for brands will NOT be shown.
- Filter listing by Promotion. For example, if you wish to be shown only products that are On special, select from the drop down menu in Promotion selector the On special option.
- Filter by Status. For example, if you wish to see all disabled products, select from the drop down menu in Status selector the Disabled option.
Enter into the search box what you are looking for and press Enter key or click on green magnifier icon.
The system will look to match your search string in name of the products. It is an autocomplete search box, it means:
- once you start typing will be automatically shown in a drop down all available options
- you can select one of available options and click green button or press Enter key; The selected option only will be shown in listing as search result.
- or you can anytime press Enter key or click on green button and you will get in search results all products that match your search string.
You can search by item code. In this case start with code:. For example to search for MY_CODE then type code:MY_CODE or to search all items that have XXX into their codes then type code:XXX.
The same like above, to get search result press Enter key or click on green button.
To clear the search, click on white cross in red box (next to search box).
Products listing area (main content)
Into this area you will find listed all products based on filters you applied or your search. If no filters applied and search is cleared, the first 10 products will be listed here. Under the product listing you have two buttons Show more and Show all to assist you to navigate between your products.
There are listed most relevant details of every product so you will be able to quick identify it:
- The thumbnail main image of the product to help you quickly identify visual the product.
By clicking on the thumbnail, you will edit the product opening the Basic details section (first section).
- Product name (it allows sort). One click on Product name will sort the products in alphabetical order from A to Z, a second click on same Product name will sort the products alphabetical orders from Z to A.
By clicking on the name of the product, you will open the editing mode with Basic details section (first section).
- Code (it allows sort). One click on Code will sort the products in ascending order, a second click on same Code will sort the products in descending orders based on their code.
By clicking on the Code in any product line, will open the editing mode with Basic details section (first section).
- Order, it is about what products will be shown in top listing in front end of the website, smallest numbers means products will be shown on top of the listing.
The Order heading allows you to sort your products based on this field. One click on Order will result in ascending sort and a second click on it will sort your products descending.
This field is editable from listing, for your convenience.
- In Categories field are shown all categories where each product is included. For example, if a product is included in Categ A then in front end, when users will click on category Categ A this product will be shown in listing.
Any product can be included in one or more categories.
Promotions, it is a generic name. A legend will appear under Promotion heading field with explanation of abbreviations used. In this field can be a group of two letters separated by a space as following:
- Br, means this product has break down by quantity prices
- Ca, means this product is marked as Call for price
- Fe, means this product is marked as Featured
- Fs, means this product has Free shipping
- Sp, means this product is On special, has special price(s)
- Up, means this product is marked as Upcoming, will be available on website at a certain date in future
- Enabled, refers at product status. If a product is marked as enabled (Enable - Yes), that product will be displayed in front end. If a product is marked as disabled (Enable - No), that product will not be displayed in front end.
You may disable a product in case you did not finished setting it up or it is not available for sale for the moment.
Enable field heading allows you to sort all enabled / disabled products. One click on Enable heading will bring up all products enabled. A second click will sort the products with the disabled ones in front.
- #, it is product unique identifier (mainly for debug purposes)
- Edit drop down button, is the area where you can choose to edit a certain section of a product. (See Edit product)
You can sort listings ascending and descending for all fields that has headers in blue with underlined text when mouse over it ("allow sort" notation above)
If you click once will sort ascending, click again and will sort descending.
Show more & Show all buttons
Because by default the product listing is filled with first ten products, you have two buttons at the bottom of the page to help you finding the product you are looking for: the Show more & Show all buttons.
If you click on Show more button, another 10 products are showing. Click this button again for another 10. Repeat as you need.
If you click on Show all button, all products will be shown. In case you have many products (hundreds or thousands), the list may be too long and may take a while to be displayed. You may be happier with the results of Show more button.
These buttons are not shown if there are less than 10 product to be displayed.